When you have lost all your teeth or have a few missing teeth, our Bellevue dentistry clinic may recommend dentures to replace these teeth. These are designed to restore functioning of the mouth and are custom-made to ensure an optimal fit and natural appearance. Some patients opt for denture-supported implants. We have found that many insurance providers do cover all or some of the cost of dentures, making them an affordable option for many adults with missing teeth.
How Dentures Work
Dentures are a set of artificial teeth that are custom-made to look and feel just like your natural teeth and gum tissue. Dr. Lee offers both partial and complete dentures for patients who may be missing some or all of their teeth. Dentures sit on top of the gums so that the patient can speak and chew properly. They may be removable for easy cleaning and can improve overall quality of life.
If you have lost teeth or do not have any teeth, talk to Dr. Lee about the benefits of dentures, or implant-supported dentures as a tooth replacement option. Dr. Lee will make a recommendation based on the current state of your oral health and how many teeth are missing. Complete dentures are typically recommended when a patient needs a comprehensive tooth replacement option and other options have been exhausted.
Benefits of Dentures
Some of the top benefits of dentures include:
- Makes it easier for the patient to speak clearly
- Improves chewing abilities
- Can boost self-confidence and self-esteem
- Restores the natural smile
- Prevents facial sagging from missing teeth
- Can be removed for easy cleaning
- Custom-made to look just like the patient’s real teeth
- Can last for several years with proper care and maintenance
- Removable dentures available for some patients
Call Overlake Dental’s Bellevue dentistry office to learn more about dentures. Set up your appointment with Dr. Lee by calling 425-320-1600 today!