If you have a single missing tooth or several missing teeth, you may be self-conscious about your smile. Even if you are missing teeth in the back of your mouth, the lost tooth can adversely affect your ability to chew and also cause deterioration of the jawbone. This is why, if you are missing teeth, Overlake’s Bellevue dentistry clinic recommends getting a dental implant as soon as you can manage.
The Dental Implants Procedure
Implants are designed to function and look just like your natural teeth. Unlike dentures, they have the added benefit of being attached directly to the jawbone so they can stimulate the bone and reduce the risk of bone loss over time. Dental implants are permanent and are as secure as your natural teeth.
Implants are comprised of three parts, and the titanium screw is fused directly into or on top of the jaw bone for a secure fit. The implant is topped with a porcelain crown and looks and functions just like your natural tooth. Since it is fused to the jaw bone, the bone is stimulated when you chew food, so there is no risk of jaw bone loss because of a missing tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Some of the top benefits of dental implants include:
- Implants are strong, stable, and highly durable.
- You can generally expect implants to last your entire lifetime, given proper care.
- Implants help to retain your natural face shape and smile.
- Implants rotect healthy bone structure.
- You can eat your favorite foods confidently with implants.
- An implant-restored crown will never develop a cavity.
- Implants protect your healthy teeth from damage.
- Implants keep teeth in place without risk of shifting or a loose fit.
- A dentist can construct your implants with predictable results.
- Implanted teeth will not move, click, or shift, like they can with dentures.
- Implants stimulate the bone to encourage bone growth and prevent bone loss.
Dental Implant Consultation
If you have missing teeth, set up a consultation for dental implants with Overlake’s Bellevue dentistry clinic today! Call us at 425-654-8274.