When you have lost some or all of your teeth, Dr. Yu may recommend dentures. These are designed to restore function in the mouth and are custom-made by our Bellevue dental office to ensure an optimal fit and natural appearance.
Some patients opt for denture-supported implants. We have found that many insurance providers do cover all or some of the cost of dentures, making them an affordable option for many adults with missing teeth.
How Dentures Work
Dentures sit on top of the gums so that the patient can speak and chew properly. They may be removable for easy cleaning and can improve the overall quality of life.
If you have lost teeth or do not have any teeth, talk to Dr. Yu about the benefits of dentures, or implant-supported dentures as a tooth replacement option. They will make a recommendation based on the current state of your oral health and how many teeth are missing.
Complete dentures are typically recommended when a patient needs a comprehensive tooth replacement option and other options have been exhausted.
Benefits of Dentures
Some of the top benefits of dentures include:
- Dentures make it easier for the patient to speak clearly.
- Dentures improve your chewing ability.
- Dentures can boost self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Dentures restore your natural smile.
- Dentures prevent facial sagging caused by missing teeth.
- Dentures can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Custom-made dentures look just like the patient’s real teeth.
- Dentures can last for several years with proper care and maintenance.
- Removable dentures are available for some patients.
Call Bellevue Overlake Dental office to learn more about dentures. Set up your appointment with Dr. Yu by calling 425-453-9999 today!