What Stains Your Teeth?
When you need to get rid of the stains on your teeth, you can come into our Bellevue dental clinic for a whitening. But how can you keep your teeth from staining more in the future?
Unfortunately, tooth-staining substances abound in your daily diet, so much so that you can’t reasonably expect to avoid them all. Common food and drinks that stain your teeth include the following:
- Tea. This is particularly true of dark colored teas, but even herbal white tea has the potential to erode your enamel and leave a stain upon your teeth.
- Colorful sauces. These include tomato sauces, soy sauce, and curry.
- Sodas and sports drinks.
- Berries. The strong pigmentation present in the more colorful berries are also present in jellies, jams, juices, and the dark wines that are made from them.
- Tobacco and other smokables.
- Many colorful candies and sweets.
Try Changing Daily Habits
Obviously, this list represents not only a lot of common indulgences for many people, but also a lot of the healthiest substances you can put into your body. Therefore, instead of simply cutting them all out of your diet, consider some easy stain-fighting habits that can allow you to enjoy your favorites without dulling your smile.
Drink your more colorful drinks through a straw, and don’t let them linger among your teeth. Keep water handy as you partake of staining foods to help you rinse away pigments before they settle. And when all else fails, make a whitening appointment with Overlake Family Dental!