Our Bellevue dentist is pleased to be able to offer sleep apnea treatment. This unfortunate condition affects the lives of many Americans, sometimes even fatally so. One of the worst parts about it is that it’s very difficult to diagnose, and many people are not even aware that they are suffering from it.
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea describes a disorder by which you routinely stop breathing while you sleep, forcing your brain to kick in and start the process again. This means a night of interrupted sleep, robbing you of a lot of much-needed rest that you might not even realize you lost.
Sleep Apnea Symptoms
If you think you might have sleep apnea, look for the following symptoms:
- You snore loudly.
- Your partner reports that you occasionally stop breathing while you sleep.
- You sometimes wake suddenly, choking or gasping for air.
- You frequently wake up with a dry, sore throat in the morning.
- You sleep restlessly, or suffer from insomnia.
- You are unusually sleepy during the day, even if you got a full night’s sleep.
- You suffer from frequent headaches in the morning.
- You experience forgetfulness and changes in mood.
To find out more about sleep apnea and to explore your options for getting treatment, contact us at Overlake Dental in Bellevue.